lwpat, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney

I have been separated from my husband since 1993,I found out

I have been separated from my husband since 1993,I found out he is remarried and he never filed for divorce,am I still liable for his financial debt?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 5 years ago.
Subscription customers. An ACCEPT is credited to me but you are not charged. Followup questions WILL be answered if my first answer is acceptable.

You are not responsible for his debts but you do need to get divorced. You can file the papers in your state and have him served. It is not necessary that he sign anything for you to proceed. Here is the information for Minnesota

You can do it yourself but that can be time consuming, especially if you make a mistake in the paperwork. Here is the attorney referral site