JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992

My wife and I are currently legally serperated my wife lives

My wife and I are currently legally serperated my wife lives in Jacksonville, NC with my two children, and I am stationed in Iwakuni, Japan. I recently had to return early from a deployment in Africa becuase my wife was being investigated by the criminal investigation department aboard the air station where I work for Two counts of child neglect one of which was a attempted suicide, and one leaving one of my boys unattended in the vehicle, in addition she committed adultery, resulting in her being removed from Japan and sent home early without me. In addition she recieved a DUI this weekend. I am trying to figure out what I can do for to get my children during our year seperation and is it even possible? she currently has no job. I have been in the Marine Corps for 9 years and do not have anything negative on my record civilian or military.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 5 years ago.
Yes, under these facts it is possible you can get custody and may even be likely. You will need to hire a lawyer and have him file for temporary orders. Of course, you have some things to overcome with being in a deployed status but with the current environment this may not count against you and might even help.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.