Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
5180018

if the father of my child is in a different state cant they

Customer Question

if the father of my child is in a different state cant they garnish his wages for child support? He is married with two children pays CS for exwife and one child and mine, one child ... Although I have not seen a dime in 2 years .. could the ex wife be getting all the money?
Submitted: 6 years ago via ChildSupportLaws.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 6 years ago.
Yes the father's wages can be garnished for child support regardless of what state he is located and work. Even states that dont garnish pay for debts such as credit card will garnish for spousal or child support. You need to contact your local child support collection agency and ask them to take the steps to garnish his wages.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
they say they cant find him. I know what state he lives in , why is this so hard to get done.. its been 2 years .. is there a way I can terminate is rights

If you are certain he is working then ask the collection unit to garnish his tax return and this will provide his work information.

Termination of parental rights is not easy unless the parent has neglected or physically abused the child. However if you truly wish to make the attempt I suggest you retain a family law attorney to represent you in the process.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
can they garnish is wages for two different cases .. I know hes paying his ex wife CS for one child , hes married with two children and then me, with one .... will that effect the time it taked to recive teh money