Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with experience in family law.

Both myself and the wife live in Texas. She says that she is

Both myself and the wife live in Texas. She says that she is still resides in Fl not Tx. Because I work for the Fed. Gov and I have to make 6mths trips overseas my pay changes yearly. I am the sole sorce of income wife does not work no kids, She did work but stopped because of an injury. She is working on SS and medicare. My Question is this do I compute the total pay to include the extra money while deployed or do I use my Annual Earnings listed on my W2. Also will I be required to cover her on any health if she has Medicare?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

The Answer to your question actually depends on how the form is worded. If the form asks for your 2009 adjusted gross income, put in the number from your tax returns. If it asks for the amount that you anticipate earning in 2010, then you would include the deployment pay, because that's money that you reasonably expect that you will receive.

The judge can order you to pay her health insurance costs, even if she has Medicare, because there is a public policy in favor of having one spouse support another, rather than accepting aid from the government. However, if she has had Medicare during the entire marriage, then the judge may only order you to pay any expenses she may have that aren't covered or reimbursed by Medicare.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.