Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

she is asking for all his property in the name of a 17 son

Customer Question

she is asking for all his property in the name of a 17 son she has not let him see in over 8 years. WHAT DO i have to give her. I thin k she sees boats in the yard-trucks which I will be giving back to the dealerships. Most stuff belongs to his father and brothers, boats,table saw etc and I think would naturally go back to them . THEY TRADED TOOLS BOATS BACK AND FORTH. i'VE JUST HAD BRAIN SURGERY. SHE IS RUSHING ME, THRATENING COURT, iF i DON'T GIVE HER SON HIS dAD,S STUFF.. I am upset, can't write accurately tonight. A comment please. Do I nee a cease and desist as Im advised by his Dad /d
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 years ago.
Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

Are you saying that a mother is asking for property belonging to her ex husband?

Is the ex dead?

Why is she asking you?

Who are you to the boy?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am no one to the 17 year old. I am Bill's domestic partner of 8 years. I did not marry him because I am past chid bearing age and I wanted him to possibly have more children. SHE didn't allow son to see father for 8 years because he left the Jehovah Witness organization .

Atty is threatening me that said son is sole heir and he wants his Dada's property. They will be calling me and they want no further court action unless I don't cooperate.

I let them in 2 times. This is my house by the way for31 years. They started picking up random things belonging to my deceased husband and my grandchildren(8)

I have had brain surgery and part of my skull removed recently. I am 64. My son called them and told them to call him in the future and he would meet them here. Otherwise I was not to open the door for them. I haven't heard from them since. I am trying to get his father to appoint himself legal rep. as I am doing or not doing according to the father's advice. BECAUSE THE FUNERAL HOME SAID THE MINOR CHILD WAS NOT AT THIS POINT NEXT OF KIN-IT IS Bill's father. Did I mention Bill had no will. He talked about it but at 46 he didn't feel urgent. He died of a massive heart attack intestate. right here on thegarage floor. I can't deal with this uncaring grifter at this time.

My first atty said the funeral director was right. and the son cannot retroactively sue me. First atty. doesn't have time and has referred me to another on Tues. Seems far away in view of the fear I have of this ex-wife.

Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 years ago.
Good afternoon,

I'm afraid that I can not wrap my mind around the facts as you have stated them. I'm going to opt out and allow another expert the opportunity to respond to you.

I wish you well.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you. I think have to start over each time with the whole story. I suspect 3 people have probably answered me and none knows the complete story. But it has been helpful to hear from you.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 3 years ago.
Good luck to you.