Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.

going through a cps case, my kids have not been taken but they

going through a cps case, my kids have not been taken but they are falsely accusing my fiance of sexual abuse to my 2 year old son. NOTHING HAS BEEN COURT ORDERED, we have completed all of their service plans and they are stating they are not closing my case. No one has been charged and no evidence have been proven to i have to continue to talk with them?? or can I juat stop talking to them and go on with my life and wait for them to take us to court, if it even reaches that point.
Thank you for your question.

CPS has a lot of power over marital issues, especially if they currently have a case open out on you. In this situation, it is in your best interest to cooperate simply because if you stop, they will deem it a violation, and use that as an excuse to possibly take the kids...and only THEN force you to go to court and get them back. If you feel that you are being unfairly targeted and treated (which happens unfortunately much more than you know), it may be worth it to retain a matrimonial law attorney which specializes in CPS issues.

Good luck.

Edited by Dimitry Alexander Kaplun on 10/1/2010 at 4:27 AM EST