RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

My sister has temporary permanent guardianship over my 14 yr

Customer Question

My sister has temporary permanent guardianship over my 14 yr old son. She said I need to file for custody, because we had papers drawn up. I don't know if they were ever filed in Arkansas. Where do I start to see if they were ever filed? And, how do I go about terminating guardianship? She said she would sign and he can come home. however, he doesn't want to. Would that be a problem?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your question.Check with county clerk of county where child resides here in Arkansas to see if they were in fact filed.If not you have right to child.If child does not want to go with you then you would have to deal with that issue here.The law can't help you with that--you have to resolve it with him.If there is a guardianship you will need a local Arkansas lawyer to motion the court to end guardianship and go to court to get an order entered.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
what is the email address or phone number of who i need to contact?
What county does the child live in here in Arkansas?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
He was living in Rogers. Now he lives in frisco Texas. Supposedly they were filed in ar.
I would just go to Frisco Texas and contact the police here.Guardianship is not valid out of state if there even is one.See if they won't get you your child here.
Check here for guardianship

County of Benton: County Clerk-Offices

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
Ste 1, 300 W Poplar St, Rogers, ARNNN-NN-NNNN (NNN) NNN-NNNN () ‎