Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.

if i lost gaurdianship of my children from a cps case but did

Customer Question

if i lost gaurdianship of my children from a cps case but did not lose my parental rights how much rights do i have to my children?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.

I am sorry to hear of this situation with you and your family. If they removed guardianship then you must follow their visitation rules. Your parental rights have not been removed, but it is as if you have "supervised visitation" with the children. In order to get them back, as I am sure you know, you have to complete the parenting plan. How long have you been in the counseling?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
a couple months, i also married the man who was algedly acoused of pushing my son out the way of a demostic dispute and who has abused me in front of my children in 2004, cps picked up case in 2007 but does not approve of my marriage to him and has placed a no contact order between him and kids i dont know what to do. will i have to leave my husband so i can get kids back
Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.

I see. Well, you might not have them until he is out of the home. You might need to make a decision between him and your children. It is the priority of the CPS to ensure the kids are safe.

Is he not in counseling with you?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

yes he has completed anger management program, so what would be the next step before it comes down to that happening do we have a chance at making it work out and reuniting our family

Expert:  Samuel II replied 6 years ago.

If they are not his natural children, I would say no. If they are his natural children, then it may be possible, if you follow and successful complete the parenting plan.