RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .

What is a sworn statement of removal of barriers to remarriage

What is a sworn statement of removal of barriers to remarriage mean? My husband signed the following statement that states under penalty of perjury that the parties marriage was NOT solemized by a minister, clergyman or leader of the Society of Ethical Culture, and accordingly there are to remarriage to be removed.

Can you please tell me what this mean?
Was there a recorded license here or ceremony??I understand he signed this stating there wasn't..
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
We were married at city hall in NYC. Yes, there is a recorded license. I have a certify copy of the license in front of me. I'm confused.
I think he's wrong.You are going to need legal divorce here.Sorry not sure why he's trying to doge this but you have to file and receive no fault divorce.You need to divide up any assets and debts.You are going to need a lawyer here to do all of this.

1(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr /> [email protected]

Need to Hire an Attorney in New York?

Contact our service for assistance in finding a lawyer in your area. In the event that we do not offer lawyer referrals in your county we will provide you with contact information for a lawyer referral service that does.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you.