How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 37374
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Connecticut divorce question...many thanks for help in advance...

Resolved Question:

Connecticut divorce question...many thanks for help in advance... if I have booked a pro se appearance to modify previous divorce judgement that was scheduled for September 7th is there any way I can prevent my ex from continuing the case to September 20th. I heard from clerk of court today that judge had agreed to do this but this means two more weeks of payements that I thought would be overturned
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 years ago.
Good afternoon,

I'm sorry to hear of your dilemma.

I'm afraid that continuances are the norm with both motions and trials. As regards XXXXX XXXXX continuance of a motion, there is virtually no way to prevent it.

You will have the ability to ask that all payments made after the date of your petition be returned to you if the court rules in your favor. Be sure to ask for this at the hearing---or better yet, file a supplemental pleading and ask for this refund in addition to the termination of payments.

I wish you the best in 2010.

Thank you very much for having allowed me to assist you. Please, remember that I only receive credit for helping you when you Accept my answers. Until then your payment is simply held on deposit. So, please click the ACCEPT icon. Thanks again.


LawTalk and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you