How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ScottyMacEsq Your Own Question
ScottyMacEsq, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16118
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ScottyMacEsq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

the ex husband has been charged and found guilty of giving

Resolved Question:

the ex husband has been charged and found guilty of giving the minor children,(15 y.o., 12 y.o., and 5 y.o.) marajuana and alchohol. to which he was fined $365.50 per child. In turn he filed a contempt charge against the mother for not allowing him to see the children. The judge ruled that the mother had to allow the children to go to his home for the weekend, due to the terms of divorce. Is there no legal grounds for which to rebuke his visitation rights?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
ScottyMacEsq :

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am researching your issue and will respond shortly.

ScottyMacEsq :

Absolutely. The conviction is a material change in circumstances, that would make visitation with the father dangerous to the health and well being of the children.

ScottyMacEsq :

In order to ask the court for a modification of visitation rights, there needs to be a significant and material change in the circumstances. We have that here.

ScottyMacEsq :

You can ask the court to grant you a change because of the health and wellbeing of the children would be put in jeopardy, evidenced by this conviction.

ScottyMacEsq :

That being said, you need to contact an attorney in your area that deals with custody and visitation cases. Go to or to find an attorney in your area. You should be able to find one that will give you a free initial consultation and better advise you of your rights, any problems with your case, likelihood of success, how courts are treating cases such as yours in your area, and what you should do next.

ScottyMacEsq :

If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please select the "accept" button. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX good luck to you!

ScottyMacEsq and 6 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions