Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, 17 years legal experience including family law

I went online to check the status of my divorce and it shows

I went online to check the status of my divorce and it shows default judgement per declaration. Does this mean that I am officially divorced now and it's final?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Tina replied 6 years ago.

I would be happy to answer your question. While I am permitted to provide you with legal information, I am prohibited by and various state bar associations from giving legal advice, representing you, or entering into an attorney-client relationship through this open forum. Do you accept these terms? Please answer yes or no to continue.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Expert:  Tina replied 6 years ago.
Thank you. Yes. Typically, this means that the court has entered a judgment of divorce and the parties are no longer married. It is usually best to request a copy of the order from the clerk of the court though in order to read the actual language of the order.

Best regards,

Please press the ACCEPT button so I may be credited and paid for my time by Positive feedback and a BONUS are always appreciated. Thank you and the best of luck.