Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

I filed Restraining order against my husband on Sep 25 last

I filed Restraining order against my husband on Sep 25 last year. I went to hearing in Nov. 2009 for that. He got supervised parenting time with 2kids once a week. We went to a trial on Dec.18 2009 for our divorce case. He needed to take urine test before parenting time for 3 month after trial and after that I requested for Hair folicle test that he agree to take at court for non supervised parenting time. But He never took it. since March 18th 2010 he has't seen kids. He hasn't provided any child support from last year.
He can't have parenting time since he doesn't provid clean hair folicle test.
But I wasn't sure that the restraining order I filed expires 1year from the time I first filed or this lasts until he provides test result to have unsupervised parenting time...
or when divorce case is finalized (which might be soon).

please give me some answer!

Thanks
Yumiko
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
If the restraining order does not indicate on its face when it expires then it is only good for 1 year from date of issue. Also, for his other issue of the father not complying with drug testing and more importantly not paying support, you need to get the attorney to file a rule to show cause for contempt for non-payment of support and seek garnishment from any wages if he is employed or from his unemployment benefits if he is collecting them or from any other benefit he may be collecting.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer (EVEN IF YOU ARE A SUBSCRIPTION MEMBER). This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO http://www.justanswer.com/lp/19qy-PaulMJD and request me.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I am asking for garnishment of wages with my divorce degree when it finalize.

He has to pay back from the day we went to the Trial.

I am not sure he is working or not at this point.

Since I filed restraining order on Sep 25th 09 after that do you think he can contact us even he doesn't take drug test ? Is it easy to file extention of restraining order??

I am affraid he might try to see kids when I am not knowing...

Yes, it is easy to file for an extension if your order does not state it remains in effect until the final order of divorce and you simply file a motion to extend the restraining order before it expires.