RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.

my son turned 18 this month and he is a senior in high school

my son turned 18 this month and he is a senior in high school until he graduates in june,my divorce decree states that i must pay until child is emancipated,is ohio law going to require me to pay after he graduates in june 2011?
Child support in Ohio typically continues until a child turns 18 AND graduates high school or when a child reaches 19, whichever comes first. So, yes, you would have to continue paying support until he graduates. Other circumstances of emancipation include, but are not limited to, dropping out of school (but being at least age 18), joining the military prior to age 18, and moving out of the residential home prior to age 18. However, it doesn't appear any of those circumstances apply here.