SC Law Attorney
SC Law Attorney, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  I have been practicing primarily in the field of Family Law for approximately 17 years
20405397

I have a child support hearing coming up, and the respondent

I have a child support hearing coming up, and the respondent requested oral testimony. However, he did not fill out the proper motions/forms to request it. Just asked for it in his declaration. Will it be allowed since he didn't fill out the proper motions as required in the law?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  SC Law Attorney replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Attorney Hayes :

It will depend on how particular the Judge is. If you are aware of it, and have notice of it, it may be allowed since a majority of court rules' purposes are to give notice. Some Judges are a little more "lax" with "pro se" (self-represented) litigants, whereas others hold them to the standard of an attorney if they are going to represent themselves, requiring them to file proper forms and such.