Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
18572087

when a minor child is in cpss

when a minor child is in cpss
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

I will do my best to assist you with your issue. While I am permitted to provide you with legal information, I am prohibited by JustAnswer.com as well as various state bar associations from giving specific legal advice, provide representation, or enter into an attorney-client relationship through this open and non-confidential forum. Do you understand and agree to these provisions as well as JustAnswer.com's disclaimer?

Sincerely,

Dimitry Alexander Kaplun, Esq.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes just want it want it explained to me
Thank you very much for consenting.

Not a problem, I will do my best to explain the situation.

However I bit unsure exactly what you wish to know. Has the child been taken by CPSS already?

Edited by Dimitry Alexander Kaplun on 9/1/2010 at 4:10 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes in August this is my Grandson my Daughter was doing drugs the baby showed drugs in his system when she had him. We have been trying since 10/09 to get him back with our family He has been in foster care for 1 year because social worker Lied we didn't want him when dpss finally saw the socail worker lied & was going to give him to us the foster mother filed a 388 We have not gone to court yet but i'am being told since she did this & she has had him the entire year she gets to keep him even thought we are his family
Thank you for your follow-up.

What a sad situation. How old is the child now?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Just turned 1 year they also never called the family until he was 2 months old that he was in cpss
I see. So they took the child from the mother based on the fact that she did drugs, and did not inform anyone else of this act, is that about right?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
2 months after they called me to ask if we wanted the child but she said before I answered her she had to tell me he had medical issues from the drugs that he could not be taken out of the foster home for 1 year We later found out this was a lie
Can you prove that this was a lie, or no? Did you tape the conversation or get anything in writing?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

No the social worker who did it is suspened Her supervisor & director the the agency r saying she did

Thank you for your follow-up.

While you may have a hard up-hill battle, this is not un-winnable. You just have to be ready to explain and point out the false information that you were provided. If you can get the CPSS employees to take the stand on your behalf, do so--you may need to get an attorney to try to subpoena them to come in to testify.

When you speak in front of the judge, explain the situation, and point out that it would be in the best interest of the child to stay with blood relatives who know and love the child, rather than stay with strangers, as the blood relatives want and are able to take care of the child in this situation. Just make sure to point out everything in language that shows why this is better for the child ultimately, and you will have a greater chance in prevailing.

Good luck.

Edited by Dimitry Alexander Kaplun on 9/1/2010 at 5:31 AM EST