socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

do parents have the righ to know where their chld is when other

do parents have the righ to know where their chld is when other parent has child. Father is refusing to give any schedule of where two yr odl is.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 6 years ago.

The court cusody orders control. The typical custody order requires that the parents notify each other as to the child's residence address, and when that address changes. However, it is not generally necessary to inform the other parent of the child's location each day, for example, when the parent and child are traveling on vacation.

Hope this helps.

Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.