JPEsq.
JPEsq., Lawyer
Experience:  Published articles on family law, featured in several publications for successful trial work.
14397910

I have 3 children with my girlfriend of 5 years she is having

Customer Question

I have 3 children with my girlfriend of 5 years she is having an affair with another man, and she doent know that I know. She has been lying to me telling me she is going places, but she always goes to his house instead, which I have seen by locating her cell phone, I am very concerned for my children which I believe there mother has told them to lie about it as well . She has nothing no job money or even a car, I dont want to do anything to cause her to do anything spitefull, because she has been spitefull in the past, going as far as to file false police reports. I am desprite and in alot of pain and dont know what to do.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JPEsq. replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
JPEsq. :

What you should do depends on what you want out of the situation... What do you want to happen?

JPEsq. :

As far as custody goes, if you have not done so, you need to establish legal paternity of the children through a paternity action. After that, it functions much like a divorce. Custody and visitation are established based on the best interests of the children

JPEsq., Lawyer
Experience: Published articles on family law, featured in several publications for successful trial work.
Expert:  JPEsq. replied 4 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I just want her out of my house and to share custody of the children
Expert:  JPEsq. replied 4 years ago.
Has legal paternity been established? Who owns the home?