Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My husband has been paying more than the court appointed amount

My husband has been paying more than the court appointed amount for 8 years. She is angry at him and has turned him into Child Support Enforcement, saying he hasn't paid support ever. He is military, and paid the amount to her by allotment. How can she do this?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. I encourage you to ask me for clarification, if you are not clear with my Answer.

Response: I do not know but her lies are about to catch up with her. Find copies of the leave and earnings statements and provide them to Child Support Enforcement that should clear up the issue. When you have documentation of the deductions, the Child Support Enforcement must rule in your husband's favor.

One thing that I do not understand here is that if the payments were made through allotments, those payments would been made through Child Support Enforcement and then Child Support Enforcement would then turn around and make checks out to her. Why doesn't Child Support Enforcement have the record of his payments in their system?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Allotments do not necessarily go through CSE, these went directly into her account. Isn't this fraud?
Thank you for the clarification:

Response: Yes, it is fraud if she is claiming that she did not receive the payments when she did. As previously stated, her lies are about to catch up with her once you find and submit the payment records to Child Support Enforcement.

Good luck with your case.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience: B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.