Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years experience as practicing attorney

How can I get help on my ex husband following court ordered

How can I get help on my ex husband following court ordered almony payment to me he is arrears of over 15000.00 and I am at risk of losing my home me and my reside in?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 6 years ago.

Dear JACUSTOMER - A motion for contempt is your only option and at some point the judge will either fine your ex or put him in jail. You need to file another motion and this time it will be both in contempt of the original decree and in contempt of the first contempt order. Obviously the judge doesn't know if his or her order was followed unless you inform the court.

I know this is a real pain but unfortunately it is the only means you have of enforcing the court's orders.

Dave Kennett

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This answer to follow with another Motion for Contempt I already new since I filed the first myself without the attorney I hired. Can I get his license suspended until I receive some kind of payment?

The only way to get his license suspended would be through an order of the court. It is possible that the court would order this and also possibly attach his tax returns. The problem is that you have to get an order from the court for any of this to happen. You can't just ask the BMV to suspend his license.