legaleagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing attorney for 10 years

my daughter is i in the middle of a child support case and

Customer Question

my daughter is i in the middle of a child support case and have a court date on August 18th and she just recieved a noticed from my attorney that she quit. She went to a judge and said there were irrecognizable difference and he granted it. she never got any notice from that. she has been have been having trouble contacting her and not getting any response does she have any recourse and what happens to the retainer
Category: Family Law
Expert:  legaleagle replied 6 years ago.
The retainer must be repaid if it was not earned. The only remedy is to contact the state bar and file a complaint against the attorney and if they find she violated ethics by not returning her calls and then removing herself without notice, she can be ordered to pay sanctions and be suspended or disbarred.