How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Because my son has had his visitation rights taken away temporarily

Resolved Question:

Because my son has had his visitation rights taken away temporarily (by a CRAZY judge), do we as grandparents have any rights for visitation? It is my son's year for Christmas. Could we get her then?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

I am the JustAnswer expert that will be helping you today. I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information.

You may be able to obtain visitation and/or shared custody over your grandchildren since your son does not have visitation rights.

In situations where the grandparents child is unable to parent the grandchild, a grandparent may obtain visitation rights based upon the best interests of the child

So sorry.
Ellen and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you