FiveStarLaw
FiveStarLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

My ex-girlfriend when she was dating her boyfriend at the

My ex-girlfriend when she was dating her boyfriend at the time auto saved her email address and password XXXXX her now ex-boyfriends computer. One day he turned on his computer and her information came on and he caught her cheating on him by sending semi nude photo's of herself to a bunch of different guys who would send back pictures of them completely nude with fruit hanging from there>>>>. Also in those emails that she sent happened to be pictures of my daughter sleeping. Also in her emails she is getting lovey dovy with a guy in Arkansas. She claims she is not dating him but the emails that i have seen prove other wise. Is any of this admissible in family court. What expectation of privacy does she have? I say she has none since the computer is in fact not hers As far as i am concerned if she left her login name and password XXXXX the computer she did that to herself. Also i would argue that she is putting her and my daughter into a potentially dangerous situation emailing guys that she does not know of her and my daughter. I say this goes to her character and credibility is any of these emails admissible?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FiveStarLaw replied 3 years ago.

I am the JustAnswer expert that will be helping you today. I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information.

Your ex-girlfriend would not have any expectation of privacy for information in her former boyfriend's computer. She waived any expectation of privacy when she saved her log in information on his computer. It appears that the e-mails would be admissible and do go to her character. Furthermore the fact that she included pictures of your daughter in the same e-mail batch as nude photos of herself, may indicate that it was her intention to follow up with child pornography.

FiveStarLaw, Lawyer
Experience: 25 years of experience helping people like you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You turned a very bad day into a good one Thank you very much :)