Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

My husband thinks in his head that I will be a danger to

My husband "thinks in his head" that I will be a danger to our children because I have anger issues. He took out a restraining order on me and now I will need some support on my side. Unfortunately my abusing family is all on his side too. They say they would testify against me, my own mom. I need to get an attorney.
Any advice on what kind and what to look out for in finding one?

I am the JustAnswer expert that will be helping you today. I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information.

You will want to consider retaining an attorney that specializes in contested divorce matters.I would suggest such an attorney even though divorce proceedings may not have commenced at this time as your husband appears to be posturing for full custody.

Many attorneys, myself included, use a free legal search site to identify qualified attorneys. Here is a link:

Please let me know if I can assist you further.