TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA

I filed a default judgment package for divorce and during default

I filed a default judgment package for divorce and during default hearing, the judge stated that there are no evidence that I can prove separate property. She said that if both parties sign a marital settlement agreement, she will sign the judgment order. I drafted a marital agreement and fill a form FL130, however, Do I need file another judgment (FL180) because the one i filed before asking to judgment based on attached property division form( FL345 ) instead of check the box agreement or stipulation.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 6 years ago.

Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

Yes, I believe that you must fill out another judgment form because you’ve made changes. If you weren’t using forms, I’d say to file an amended request for judgment. Since you’re using forms, I suggest you contact the court of clerk to be sure that there isn’t a specific form to use for amending the first judgment form. If there is not, then I’d simply file the new one, which should indicate that the first judgment form is void.

Have I satisfactorily addressed your concerns? If not, then please feel free to ask for clarification.

If the information that I provided is helpful, then please remember to click the green accept button so that I will receive credit and compensation for my time. Positive feedback is always appreciated as well. Thank you and good luck!

DISCLAIMER: Please be aware that only an attorney licensed in your state is authorized to advise you in legal matters, and that the limitations of this setting may prevent your legal issues from being thoroughly addressed. Accordingly, please understand that (1) by answering your question(s) I am not acting as your attorney, (2) my answer(s) should be construed as general information only, and (3) our discussion is not an adequate substitute for an in-person consultation with an attorney.