legaleagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing attorney for 10 years

I got told that The longer I wait the worse it will look on

I got told that The longer I wait the worse it will look on me for filing for visitation. It has been 2 years and no visitation has been established with my daughter and I am going to file very soon my question is i have documentation that shows that i lost a job due to the market down turn and had to retrain for another one. IF i can show the judge that my main concern was getting a job and getting child support established and making timely payments and getting health care for my daughter will that soften the blow in family court
Category: Family Law
Expert:  legaleagle replied 6 years ago.
Yes that will help show that you did not abandon your child for the last 2 years. Of course if you at least called or sent gifts every once in a while that would be even better.