ANDREA,
ANDREA,, Lawyer
Experience:  25 yrs Family Law, Real Estate & Business Law, Criminal Defense, Immigration, Employment Law
20073497

my son was suspended from school after bringing a knife to

my son was suspended from school after bringing a knife to school
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ANDREA, replied 4 years ago.

I am sincerely XXXXX XXXXX all of this and the fact that you are bearing this burden alone.

You should continue to take your son to a therapist because it is of the ultimate importance. However, I do not believe that you will prevail in any lawsuit against the school because no matter how much his father is to blame, the fact remains that he brought a knife to school which is dangerous and could have had worse results and consequences,

________________________________________________________

Please press "ACCEPT" so that I may receive credit for assisting you

BONUS is always appreciated

That is the only way I get paid

Kindest Regards,

ANDREA, JD, LLM

MEMBER, NY & PA BAR

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Maybe I didn't communicate well with you the question. I was not interested in going after the school. I am cosidering asking for custody(full) for my son. His father smokes pot in his presence & is not supervising him. He carries a medical marajuana permit & has issues with persription meds... My sons therapist suggested I ask for full custody. I have offered to take my son while his father gets help but he is in denial about the situation.This is why I filed for an exparte hearing myself.
Expert:  ANDREA, replied 4 years ago.

My apologies, I did not discern that from your facts.

Based on your facts and the activities your former husband is involved in, including smoking marijuana, especially in the presence of your son, I believe you have grounds for any Judge to award you full physical custody and because your former husband is high most of the time, I believe that you would also be awarded full legal custody so that you would not need his consent for any major decisions in your son's life.

If a custody Order has already been entered, you should file a Petition to Modify Custody, alleging everything you have stated here and asking the Court to award you sole physical and legal custody of your son.

BONUS is always appreciated

That is the only way I get paid

_______________________________________________________________

Kindest Regards,

ANDREA, JD, LLM

MEMBER, NY & PA BAR

Edited by ANDREA, on 8/1/2010 at 1:50 AM EST
ANDREA,, Lawyer
Experience: 25 yrs Family Law, Real Estate & Business Law, Criminal Defense, Immigration, Employment Law