Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I have been divorced since Jan 2009. My former husband signed off on a 50-45% re

I have been divorced since Jan 2009. My former husband signed off on a 50-45% return when our house sells He was to pay half of the bills until the house sold. I have had 3 different realtors and have lowered the selling amount from$450,000 to $349,000 over the course of the listings and also paid to refinance. He has not paid any of the bills since the divorce and claiming he has had a hard time finding a job. He lives w/his girlfriend. He is claiming that he was medicated when he signed the divorce papers and is accusing me of delibertly causing the house not sell. We both have attorney's but just want to know what you think the outcome might be. I have back-up for all payments and listings. I have also taken 3 loans out of my 401K just trying to keep the house out of foreclosure until I can get it sold.
Many thanks
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.

You should file a motion to hold him in contempt of court for failing to abide by the court's order. This can result in fines or even jail time.

As for him being medicated, I think this is nothing but a crock, and the judge should see through it. Unless he has documented evidence - a blood test or statement from his doctor - that he was under the influence of some drug when he signed the agreement, I don't think this is going to get anywhere. Also, he was represented by an attorney during the process and should have signed or not signed based on the advice of his attorney.

I think the judge will hold him in contempt and order him to pay you as he agreed.