Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 plus years of experience.

My ex has visitation rights to see his 16 month old daughter

My ex has visitation rights to see his 16 month old daughter twice a week. Countless times my daughter comes back with the same diaper she left in. More than once I have had to tell him to change her diaper when he takes her. She always comes back with a rash. Is there anything I can do about this? She cries when she see's his truck when he picks her up, she'll hold onto me and not want to get in. I don't know what to do. She screams and cries and shakes when I put her in the truck which is not like her. She doesn't do that with anyone else but him. when he walks in the room she starts crying. I never went to the police but he has raped be before when he and I were dating. When we broke up one day he came to pick up our daughter and he chokes me and threatened to kill me. I said he had the place where he'd burry me and no one would find me. I called my dad and he called the police there is a report. I'm scared and I need to know what i can do. what my options are for my daughter.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Loren replied 6 years ago.
The main concern of the family court is the well being of the child. You need to file an emergency motion with the court to modify or suspend the court ordered visitation due to neglect. The court will take this allegation very seriously. You can not stop the visitation without modifying the order. You may also want to contact social services as this sounds like a dangerous environment for your daughter.