Amber E.
Amber E., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Experienced practitioner in family law, including divorce, custody, and domestic violence cases.

what are the steps I need to take to correct a mistake made

what are the steps I need to take to correct a mistake made for child support?
What is the nature of the mistake? Is it inaccurate income information or something along those lines, or is it a clerical error (such as the misspelling of a name)?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have 35% custody but when the divorce was finalized they only put 25% so I am over paying for child support. I verified my schedule with one of the experts and she said 35% is the time I have with my kids.
You may file a "motion to modify" the child support order on the basis of the mistake made in calculating the obligation. However, before you do that, contact the county clerk of court where the order was rendered and see if you may still file a "motion for reconsideration". Courts differ in the time allowed to file for reconsideration, but it may be possible if the order was only recently rendered.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

what if it's not posible? and if it is possible will they them selves veriefy the time with the document provided showing the time granted to me? and what other information may they ask for if any?

If it is not possible, then you would file the motion to modify. They won't verify anything themselves, as they are only complying with the court order. The court, however, may modify its order based upon this information that you would submit to the court showing the mistake along with your motion.