Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

My ex pays his court order child support on his own each month.

My ex pays his court order child support on his own each month. I need to know is there a specific date that he has to have the child support to me each month even if he is paying it himself.
Submitted: 6 years ago via ChildSupportLaws.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

I am the JustAnswer expert that will be helping you today. I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information.

The payor is required to pay the child support on or before the date specified in the child support order.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If there was a date in the order i wouldnt be paying for an online answer to my question from an unknown online attorney. I was hoping that there was a state default date. Thanks anyway. I should have known better. I will be releasing your payment and going elsewhere.
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.
There is no default date. Your divorce papers should indicate the date. If they do not you will need to file a motion for clarification. Thank you in advance for clicking accept so that I may be paid