Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

If I have been separated from my wife for 10 months and paying

If I have been separated from my wife for 10 months and paying every bill at her place of residence (2 little kids are involved that live with her) will to court take into consideration what I pay in bills for me if she is awarded alimony?

I am the JustAnswer expert that will be helping you today. I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information.

Can you tell me what state your divorce is taking place in
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Georgia

Thank you for your question.

Yes the court will consider the bills that you are required to pay in addition to the bills that your wife is required to pay in determining spousal support/alimony. Your the factors that the Georgia court will consider in determining alimony: marital fault; participation each party had to the marital estate; the length of the marriage; the future financial resources of each party; the age and health of each party; the future earning potential of each party; the net worth of each party's separate property; the standard of living sustained during the marriage; and rehabilitative time one party may need to gain employment. (Georgia Code - Sections: 19-5-5)