Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

how is a dental office valued in a divorce proceeding

how is a dental office valued in a divorce proceeding? is it the value of the building only? or is the "business" appraised and included also ...from talking to dental office appraisers it seems like a huge variety of methods are used to appraise the business portion and it really comes down to what the buyer is willing to pay...thanks
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

I am the JustAnswer expert that will be helping you today. I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information.

Typically an appraiser is retained to compute the value. A rule of thumb would be net receipts times 1 to 1.5 plus the value of the tangible assets