How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am ordered to pay child support in two states - two differnt

Resolved Question:

I am ordered to pay child support in two states - two differnt amounts I get SSD, can I get benefits for my children?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

I am the JustAnswer expert that will be helping you today. I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information.

You may contact Social Security for Social Security benefits for your children based upon your disability. You may then file for modification of your child support based upon the social security benefits
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

How to i get it applied to back support?

Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.
You could request the application to back support in your modification
Ellen and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you