Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

Hi. I was in the process of beginning the paperwork to file

Customer Question

Hi. I was in the process of beginning the paperwork to file for a divorce from my husband when I found out that I am pregnant with another man's child. I know for certain that this baby is not my husband's because he has not been in the country for the past 4 months. We currently have two children together and I plan to seek to be the primary caregiver for both. Will this pregnancy/affair affect my chances to have primary custody of our two children?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

I am the JustAnswer expert that will be helping you today. I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information.

All matters involving children are determined according to what the court divines to be the best interest of the child. Marital fault is not considered in determining child custody. Typically in Florida the court will find that it is in the best interest of the child to have a relationship with both parents.