lwpat, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney

I am trying to get a divorce in the state of California, I

Customer Question

I am trying to get a divorce in the state of California, I already file and now I have to serve my husband, my question is do I have to file something else to get full custody of our children??? or will the court grant me full custody once he signs the divorce pettiotion??
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
I am going to send you to the California self help website with all the forms and a full explanation of what you need to do. You will have to have him served by a process server and then file the certificate of service with the court. Each court has a family law facilitator and I think that you really need to make an appointment and go in and talk to them. What you are trying to do is difficult without the assistance of an attorney. Here is the website and you need to spend three of four hours studying the process. Then after you have done the research and if my answer is acceptable I can respond to any specific questions that you may have.