Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.

If parents have had their children taken away by CPS, do they

If parents have had their children taken away by CPS, do they have the right in Washington to say who can and cannot see their children? As grandparents, do we have the right to have the children visit us in our home? We have passed the fingerprint test and home test with CPS.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

Once parental rights are taken away or terminated, the parents no longer have any say in who can or cannot see their children. At this point CPS becomes the lawful guardian, or a different family member if the children are transfered by CPS to someone else.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Dimitry Alexander Kaplun on 7/1/2010 at 6:22 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The guardium-ad-lidem says if any of the accusations should come true that they could be sued by the father. They want to meet alone with the father and have him tell all his concerns and see what he says. The problelm is that he is a pathalogical liar and will continue to lie to them. I will be talking to the guardium-ad-lidem tomorrow and I will get all her concerns then. The father is a big trouble maker with CPS and they seem to be afraid of him because he has an attorney and he has tried to make trouble with them before. I guess I need to know how are they covered. When I find out the accusations I will know more what other questions I need to answer.
Than you for your follow-up. I am not sure I understand the question--what exactly do you mean?