Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

My minor grandchildren informed me that their Mom and Stepdad

My minor grandchildren informed me that their "Mom and Stepdad" are constantly in the garage smoking marijuana. The grandchildren (8, 10 and 12) are left to watch their baby sister who is under 2 years of age. Mom has tested positive 3+ times for drugs when children were under my gusardianship. Can I file a complaint with CPS for this - I called our local police department and they said they can not do anything about hearsay. I am in Santa Clara County, California.

You should contact child services about the problems at the house and allow them to investigate. They can get a court order to make the parents submit to drug tests, etc.

Child services can recommend that the children be taken out of the home, and they can recommend that they be placed with you on a permanent or temporary basis.