AttorneyKaren, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Over 14 years as a Family Law Attorney; Temporary Judge Award (2008)

I adopted my daughter when my wife and i got together. Her

I adopted my daughter when my wife and i got together. Her ex boyfriend signed over his his mother wants to take and see my daughter do i half to let her see her. she is therating to take me to cort because i dont want my daughter around the ex. she dose not know him and i want to keep it that way. can she seek a grand partnt rights. where she now has nothing to do with that.
Hello and thank you for your question.
Since there was a legal step parent adoption here, your daughter's biological father and family have no rights at all. When the courts terminated the bio dad's rights concurrently with your adoption, the court also terminated any of his parents' rights as well.
You can tell her that she has no rights and needs to leave you and your family alone.
If she wants to proceed with this legally, then you would need to respond, but the court would more than likely dismiss this case, and I would request that she pays for your attorney's fees.
Best wishes--
Attorney Karen