Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

i gave my son father part time custody which in the state of

i gave my son father part time custody which in the state of tn means i still have rights to my son i never signed off rights and the father never proved me to be unfit, therefore the father is supposed to notify the courts before leaving state correct? if i'm right is there anything i can do even though i'm not in the state of tn either?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 6 years ago.

Unless there is a court order requiring the father to notify you if he leaves the state with the child, he does not have to.

A parent has absolute rights to his/her child and can take the child wherever he/she pleases so long as a court order doesn't say otherwise.