Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator

I am a 36 year old gay woman. I have 2 girl, age8 and 11.

Customer Question

I am a 36 year old gay woman. I have 2 girl, age8 and 11. My 8 year old father has been court order to pay chid support. He is not current paying correctly so, I am taking him back to court. My 11 year old father is married and was married when my daughter was concieved. He was paying $200.00 a month until oct of last year when he told his wife about my daughter. I am in currently doing paper work on him. My concern is that can either of my daughter's father get custody of my children just because of my lifestyle. My 11 has never spent 15 mins with her dad and only know his name and my 8 year old father never has asked to visit her.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 6 years ago.
Absolutely not. Your life style has nothing to do with deciding who has custody. Custody is based on what type of custody will be in the children's best interests. In general any type of environment which exposes the child to a risk of abuse, neglect or violence would be grounds for custody, otherwise being gay is not a factor if you are able to provide a stable environment for your children. Given that neither father has a relationship with your daughters the court is not going to disrupt their environment just because your are gay.

Please click accept, it is greatly appreciated. To request me for future questions, please begin your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.

Please Note: is a public forum. is not a law firm. is only a question and answer site. Asking a question does not create an attorney-client relationship nor is your question protected under the attorney-client privilege. An attorney-client relationship is established when you enter into written contract for representation and pay a retainer directly with the attorney or attorney’s firm. uses the term “Expert”. I do not hold myself as an expert when I answer your questions. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given.

My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research, this is the only way I get paid. If you need more help or clarification, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over. You can always request me through my profile here or beginning your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.