Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My husband fled the country and now I want to divorce him.

Customer Question

My husband fled the country and now I want to divorce him. Since he's not around to get served with papers, how can I divorce him and can I do it myself without having to use an attorney? What are the steps I have to take? I am in PA, Lehigh County. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you! ;)
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

You can still do it. Do you know where he is at all, or no?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I have an idea where he may be but I'm not 100%. So the answer is "no" I don't know where he is.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I apologize, I forgot to mention that we have been seperated for alittle over 15 yrs. When we were together we were living in New York City, NY. He was incarcerated Rucker's Island and deported to Dominican Republic. Where he was never heard from ever since.