Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years

My ex husband and I have been divorced for 5 months now. 10

My ex husband and I have been divorced for 5 months now. 10 years ago I was giving land from my father for my ex husband and I to put a home on (double wide) ^ years ago my ex husband went and refinanced home I am no where on 2nd mortgage but I am on land. When he left he left me in such a shock that I have been a basket case until now. Well I was giving the house as long as I pay for it, I did not get any of his retirement. We were married 20 years. Well my problem is now I realize I can't afford trailor but it is in the papers that if I get 2 months behind he can take. How can I keep my land? He combined the land with trailor in divorce,but again not in refinancing. Should or could I take him to court or what should I do? I can't loose my familys land that was paid for.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 6 years ago.
Unfortunately the divorce order will control what you can and can not do. If the divorce judge stated that if you fall behind then he can take the house and land then that is within his legal right. If the divorce judge was not clear then you can take your ex back to court to seek a clear understanding but based upon what you have shared with me, the land is part of the same deal. I'm Sorry.