Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

my agreed custody orders were signed by me under some misrepresantation

Customer Question

my agreed custody orders were signed by me under some misrepresantation of facts ( or unilateral mistake) and inducement/undue influance - are these contractual principles avaialble to me for an Enforcement hearing in fAMILY Law?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am one of JustAnswer's attorneys. I'll be helping you resolve your matter today.

Please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Can you explain the misrepresentation of facts or how you were mistaken and the undue influence?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes . when we entered into the agreement i and my ex thought it was possible to avoid travel bans in the united arab emirates by contract> that is not possible, so even if i enter our custody agrmt in the UAE the father will stll have rights to put travel bans on children> he has done so in the past. there is also his promise to remarry and take care of my debt in the uae which prevents me from traveling there freely without being arrested - but that may be parole evidence since none of the remmariage nor debt servicing appears in the contrtact.
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.
Hang on, so this is a UAE family case, or in the US?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
US but I agreed for visitation in the UAE after these TX orders are entered there including prevention of travel bans - which is simply unenforceablie as it turns out undr Sharia law
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.
Where are you now - TX or UAE?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
TX and Enforcement action is now pending in the dallas court in two days. There also is a modification action hearing two weeks from now _ where I will attempt to modify the agreed orders. For now I need to know about the Enforcement action - whether these contractual principles are avaialbe to me to show danger to the child if the court allows visitation ( the father bought tickets for children to visit family in Europe)
Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.
So you signed a free-standing agreement for custody/restriction in UAE, and now there is a SEPARATE action pending in TX, correct?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

there is only action in texas.

travel bans were in the past in unrelated cases. the father submitted to tx jurisdiction.

Expert:  Ely replied 6 years ago.
We seem to be miscommunicating. Can you give me a timeline of what happened when, pls?