Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

do we have any recourse after adopting children we adopted

do we have any recourse after adopting children? we adopted twin boys about 5 yrs ago. they are 14 now and we have experienced them attempting to sexually assault their older grown sister, being disrespectful, just walking out and leaving the house after being told not to go anywhere. one time the police found them and bought them home around 1 am in the morning. after the police talked with them, when they walk out now without permission they make sure they come back before township curfew. there is so much tension in the house and my daughter they attempted to assault doesn't feel comfortable being home alone with them. what are our options? as long as they get their way they are fine but as soon as you tell them no they act out.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 years ago.
Your only option here is notifying child protection regarding their behavior and seeking their removal from the home. The courts will not simply cancel an adoption. Your daughter can pursue charges for the sexual assault and you can notify DYFS and those are your two options.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”