P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.
11181181

I had a question about Colorado state law on child support.

My EX wife keeps coming to me about extra expenses, like flute rentals/purching the flute, travel expenses to the doctor,parking. My daughter is a Diabetic and my Ex wants her to go from classic testing supplys to the diabetic pump. Am I Liable for travel,parking,flute purches and the pump? I pay $400.00 a month not court orderd because we were never married.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Can you verify there is no court order for support? Is mom threatening to take you to court?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
there is no court order for support and no she is not threatening court. I just want to know if I can tell her no!! live with the $400.00 and no more $$$$$$ from me
Yes, you can.

If there is no court order you have no obligation to pay anything.

Now, that said, if mom takes this to court and establishes paternity she COULD get a court order...so you want to take that into consideration when you negotiate with her. But to answer your question, no, there is no requirement for you to pay anything unless or until there is a court order in place.