Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years experience as practicing attorney
3396227

i havent taken my ex back to court since our divorce,and that

i havent taken my ex back to court since our divorce,and that has been almost 15yrs.and i was wandering if i can take him back.our oldest daughter is 20yr.and the youngest is 16yrs.he also suppose th have insurance on youngest and recently let that drop.so im trying to see what i can do.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 7 years ago.

Dear JACUSTOMER - If you have a court order that he is supposed to pay for insurance or child support or anything else you can certainly file a motion for contempt if he doesn't pay. I would assume the child support has ended for the 20 yr old but you can ask for an increase for the 15 year old if there is a change in income levels from 15 years ago which I assume there is.

You would file your motion in the court that issued the order for support. If there is any support that has not been paid you can also file a motion for contempt for non payment of that amount.

Dave Kennett