Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

Hi, I have a dauter that was living with me. It was ordered

Customer Question

Hi, I have a dauter that was living with me. It was ordered that my ex pay me childsuport. During this time I reseaved nothing. When she moved back in with my ex. It was then ordered I pay her. But due to the fact that she oued me over $3,200 I didnt have to pay till it was payed off. This was a court order with a state aterny. After a month I reseaved a letter from unemloyment stating it was being tacking out childsupport. I called the state which told me that the court order wasnt eny good and it had to be changed. To this day it is still the same two cases open. Now they say I oue from the day of the court order. They have interseped my income tax cuz of this. Now with what she oues and what I was to get back from taxs I am out olmost 10,000. Can you help? Thank you George Fratzola
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 6 years ago.

I am the JustAnswer expert that will be helping you today. I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information.

You will need to file a motion to consolidate the 2 cases and set aside the order for child support arrearage. I suggest that you retain local counsel to do this as is not a simple procedure.