Teacher Editor
Teacher Editor, Instructor
Experience:  College Instructor

My wife and I are seperating, she refuses to let me see my

My wife and I are seperating, she refuses to let me see my son. Nothing is official yet and we haven't started with the paperwork or anything but is there a way for me to visit my son?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Teacher Editor replied 6 years ago.
You can get a temporary custody Order that can order visitation for your son while you're in a separation or in a process of divorce. You do have to go to your local court to the Family law division and ask them for a Temporary Custody order. I would urge you to get an attorney to work on this for you as this may be a very long and difficult process if your wife is not cooperating. However, she cannot keep you from seeing your son. In addition, however, you may also be ordered to pay temporary child support in the meantime.