legaleagle
legaleagle, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing attorney for 10 years
4622441

My son has just hads an extensive surgery and is unable to

Customer Question

My son has just hads an extensive surgery and is unable to work. He is self employed and has n o insurance. He pays $875 per month in child support and will not be able to pay it in June. He can easily document his surgery and health situation, but is there a way he can get a deferment on paying the child support for one or two months. His child support is paid to Oklahoma.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  legaleagle replied 6 years ago.
Yes he can file a petition with the court that issued his support order and ask for a modification to reduce/defer his payments until he is re-employed. But due to the relationship of the judge and attorney he may not get the modification. He really needs to hire an attorney to get the judge recused due to his bias, but since he is not working I know that will be an issue. He can report the judge to the OK state bar for his unethical behavior and then he will not need to hire an attorney.